We hope you are as excited to start curling as we are! The ACC executive has been working to develop our COVID 19 protocols so that we can have a safe, enjoyable curling season. We will always follow Curl Canada, public health, municipal and provincial COVID 19 guidelines.
Here are our protocols for the 2021/2022 season:
- All leagues are open and members can join any league.
- Everyone visiting the ACC will be asked to review the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Public Health Unit COVID 19 self-evaluation form and sign in before entering.
- The Almonte Curling Club requires all vaccine-eligible people (curlers, members, visitors) to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 before entering the club.
- Those persons wishing an exemption on medical or religious grounds must apply in writing to the President (In the Subject: Attention Steve Conlon to email@example.com). These requests will be considered by the Board for final decision.
- All areas of the club (lounge, bar, kitchen, change rooms, washrooms) will be open.
- Mask and physical distancing requirements and self-assessment questionnaires will be in place.
- Capacity limits are applied but the lounge is big enough for all curlers to socialize after their game.
On the ice:
- Curl Canada rules apply.
- Curlers can only touch their own rocks and equipment.
- Generally, mask use on the ice is the curler’s choice.
- Sweeping will be limited to one unmasked sweeper or two masked sweepers for the run of a rock.
- Rocks will be sanitized after each game.
- Club equipment (brooms, stabilizers and sliders) will be available on the ice surface for use during games. Sanitizing wipes will be available for curlers to wipe down club equipment once a game is finished.
The detailed guidelines prepared last year are being updated and will be reviewed if required as we receive new guidance.
Don’t forget the Early Bird registration special. Register before August 31 and sign up for 2019/2020 rates – and you could win your membership! You can register on line or come and see us at the ACC Open House on Saturday August 21.