(Approved by ACC at the 2011AGM Meeting)
(Reference – ACC Executive Minutes – August 16, 2011)
There was an inconsistency in how decisions for refunds were applied for Almonte Curling Club curling.
The need for a policy was identified by the ACC Executive at its meeting of November 2, 2010 in order to ensure fairness in application of refunds to applicants.
- A new member is entitled to a full refund in the first three weeks of the season.
- No request for a refund will be accepted in the last five (5) weeks of the season.
- A member with a valid reason is entitled to a refund calculated as follows :
- fees paid less 5% of fees for every week
- Valid reasons for obtaining a refund include
- a medical problem or condition,
- a change in family situation,
- a change in working conditions, and
- a move away from the Mississippi Mills
- Requests for a refund will be directed to the Membership Coordinator who is responsible for the administration of this policy.
- Should the membership coordinator be uncertain about the validity of the reason for the request for a refund or the amount to be refunded, he/she will consult the President and the Treasurer who tog’ether with the Membership Coordinator will make a final decision on the matter.
- Should a member be dissatisfied with the decision of the Membership Coordinator, he/she can ask the matter to be reviewed by the President and the Treasurer who will make a final decision on the matter. He/she can ask that the matter be reviewed by the ACC Executive for a final decision.